- Steps and requirements
- Download the Stawi app from the Google play store.
- Click OPEN YOUR ACCOUNT to register and proceed to enter your details.
- You will need to provide:
1. Your mobile number
2. Your Kenyan ID or a valid Kenyan passport
3. A photo of yourself
4. A photo of your National ID front and back
5. A photo of a valid business permit/license.
- A valid email address to create an account.
- To qualify for a Stawi loan
- You will need to possess a Kenyan ID, hold a valid Business Permit, have No Negative CRB listing.
- Be a fully registered Stawi customer.
- Have a monthly business turnover of between KES 50,000 to KES 250,000.
- Features of the Stawi loan
- It has a simple application process – no paperwork, no red tape, and instant.
- You can borrow from KES 50,000 to KES 250,000 depending on your loan limit.
- Loan repayment period from 1 to 12 months.
- Low interest rates at 9% per annum.
- One-time Facility fee of 4% of the loan amount.
- Insurance fee of 0.7% of the loan amount.
- Excise duty, which is 20% of the facility fee.